Overview: This 2-3 class module is intended to be inserted into a broader course, such as Cognitive Neuroscience.
- What is EEG & what can it be used for?
- Where does the signal come from?
- What are ERPs and how are they created from EEG?
- What are ERP components? How do they relate activity in the brain to cognitive processes?
- What are the advantages and limits of the EEG/ERP method?
- How different ERPs are interpreted to link brain and behavior
- Designing your own ERP experiment
- Optional Third class: ERP paper dissection
This short slide series can be inserted into a broader methods class that introduces students to multiple research methods used in Cognitive Neuroscience.
This single class module is intended to be inserted in a broader course, such as Cognitive Neuroscience.